Share: How to Install Video Doorbell | Amcrest
Video doorbells are all the rage right now and several companies are now jumping in to take on the bigger names.
Amcrest which is know for their excellent surveillance cameras and NVRs now has their own video doorbell which offers an app, live view, local storage and a cloud storage option.
This provides a video doorbell solution for the masses. Amcrest sent us this testing unit to review, install and walk you through the steps to getting setup with their Smart Home Video Doorbell.
How to Install Video Doorbell Amcrest
The model used: Amcrest AD110
DOORBELL CAMERA FEATURES:
- 2-Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor, HD 1920x1080p.
- Focal Length: 2.0mmMax Aperture: F2.0140° viewing angle
- Nightvision: Up to 16 feet.
- Motion Detection: Up to 16 feet.
- IP55 Weatherproof.
- MicroSD Storage up to 128GB, Class 10 or higher.
- H.264 Compression technology.
- G.711 Audio Compression.
- Built in microphone & speaker for two-way audio.
- Supports 2.4GHz WiFi Networks, Does Not Support 5GHz Networks.
- Receive motion detection alerts via email or push notifications and instantly review recorded footage directly from your smartphone using the Amcrest Smart Home app.
Amcrest lets you choose between local or cloud storage or you can use both! You get the best of both worlds!
Why trust you?
I have experience with 16 different Amcrest wifi and POE cameras so if you have any questions please let me know.
Amcrest Smart Doorbell Pros:
- Local or cloud storage (you pick)
- Your not forced into a subscription which is fine with me
- Cheaper than most
- Comes with a screwdriver
- Easy Install
- Cloud storage pricing is confusing
- I wish the security screw was torx and not philips
- Should come with a wedge to angle the camera
- Should have a third manual of instructions for the app setup.
This Smart Home Video Doorbell from Amcrest is great and it offers a ton of features without being chained to a monthly fee. Their cloud storage is also great and I love that it comes with a 1 year free trial which is unheard of. The cloud storage is very flexible and the plans are reasonable.
Overall this is a great video doorbell solution and I can’t wait to see what other smart home tech they come out with.